Pricing & Admission
Current valid discounts on regular admission include:
- Museums for All – $2.00 Admission for all age groups with SNAP/EBT Card (up to 4 tickets per family).
- AAA – $0.50 discount per person (up to 6). Must present current membership card.
- State Farm – $0.50 discount per person (up to 6). Must present current insurance card.
- Salute to the Military – $1 Off Admission
We do have some expectations of our Guest:
We Welcome Adult Adventurers and Kid Explorers:
We ask that you play safe, play nice, and play often! Below are some important rules for the safety and enjoyment of all our visitors and staff.
- Adults must remain with and supervise children in their group at all times.
- Under 18? If so, you must be accompanied by an adult (18+ years) upon admission. Please refrain from dropping off children for unsupervised play.
- Parents and guardians should always maintain a 1:6 ratio. This means at least 1 adult (18 and over) for every six children (17 and under).
- Dos and Don’ts of Dress: DO wear a shirt and shoes at all times! DON’T wear “wheelies” or other rolling shoes.
- We all get excited to explore, but please refrain from running, screaming or disruptive behavior in general. Causing deliberate damage to the Museum or the person or property of others cannot be tolerated.
- Give everyone a chance to learn and play; please respect the exhibits and other visitors’ experience.
The Boonshoft Museum of Discovery staff frequently document our visitors and activities for promotional and historical purposes. Please notify the Admissions Desk upon arrival if you do not wish to be included in photography or videography.
For those wishing to document your visit today, you must limit photography to the children and guests in your immediate group. The Museum reserves the right to confiscate any photo or video documentation that violates this policy. In addition, any harassment or deliberate intimidation of other patrons and staff will not be tolerated. Guests who violate this policy may be asked to leave the premises; members who violate this policy may have their membership revoked.
The Museum is not responsible for lost, misplaced, or stolen items. Items placed in the Lost and Found will be kept for up to 30 days.
Food and drink are not permitted in the Museum, except in designated vending areas. Coolers are welcome, but seating is available on a first-come, first-serve basis in vending area, and seating may not be held, nor tables moved. Visit the Amenities section of our FAQs page for more detail, or learn more about booking a birthday party at the Museum.
For the safety of guests and our animal residents, pets are not permitted in the museum. Licensed service animals are welcome, but must be checked in at the Admissions Desk so that our Live Animals staff can be notified and adjust programs accordingly. Please be aware that our Guest Services staff may ask a few questions to verify that your service animal is required because of a disability, and what work or task the animal is trained to perform. Learn more.
Due to the danger to the animals, pets may not be left unattended in vehicles in the Museum parking lot. Guests with unattended pets will be paged by license number; if the guest cannot be found, Museum staff will contact the appropriate authorities for assistance.
The Museum is a non-smoking facility; regular and electronic cigarettes are prohibited. Designated smoking areas are available outside the main Museum entrance.
As posted at the Museum’s entrance, weapons are not permitted in the Museum. Any reports of weapons in the Museum will be directed immediately to the appropriate authorities.